Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In shopping for a used Shadow 750, I'm finding an abundance of choices even in just a 200 mile radius - almost too many.
Many are in the 6-17,000 mile range, 10 years and younger, varying equipment and colours, varying submodels, and mostly about $3-4,500.
It's tough juggling the pluses and minuses to choosing one over the others.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got my 2001 ACE for $1500 with ~26k miles on it. Had a quick release Memphis Shades windshield, saddlebags, sissy bar, and luggage rack. I'm glad it had the accessories too, would have cost me a lot more to get and I use them all a lot. I did put some $ into it right away, new front tire, battery, oil change, plugs. All in all I'd say I spent closer to $2000 but I love it. Its my first bike and I've only had it for a few months but I've put over 4000 miles on her. Honestly I'm very curious about stepping up to the 1100 after reading that the mileage isn't too bad (about 40 compared to the 50 mpg I get on the 750). I'm no speed demon but I feel like I'd enjoy the extra juice! I'm about 5' 10" 190 lbs and I've been using it to commute daily 70 miles round trip. No issues yet and I've enjoyed working and learning on it. But yeah, consider the 1100s...

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Here's my thinking albeit quite limited in scope. Take the year 2000 models, 1100 shadow weighs about 70 pounds more than the 750. But you get more cc 25% more horsepower and about 44% more torque at a wee higher rpm. Low seat, low turning and it's ubiquitous, like the 750, keeping the price low and availability high.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts