Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here take them on Long Island? I'm signed up, just waiting for a slot. I was wondering if anybody can tell me what to expect. :roll: :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yup,

I took it at SCC, they also use Nassau Coliseum. 2 days in class and 3 days on the course. Expect long days and stern but supportive instruction. I saw one person get counseled out and know of one other. Those people will tell you Trama is too judgemental but I disagree. I felt the training was thorough and honest. I recomend paying for a few private lessons first, they'll help you get accostomed to the course and their crappy bikes (made that way by all the new riders beating them up)
Trama-the man- died recently so I don't know what if any changes have been made in the months since his sudden death. PM me for more info.
Adam

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
They're a good top-notch company that give a great course! Good choice! They're alot better than "On The Road Again". "On The Road Again" will also only train and take you to the NYS DMV test. The Tramas course will get you a license after completing and passing the course.

Have fun!

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
ny_bill said:
Took my class with them at Brookhaven a few years back. Tough but thorough. In a class of 10..3 people didnt pass. Still hear the instructors voice in my head every time I enter a turn...Good luck
I wish they still did the Advanced course at Brookhaven. Tramas says lack of interest forced them to drop the Brookhaven location....

·
Registered
943 Posts
dont they have the " how to avoid crazy foreigners driving taxi's part of the class there" ?

just kidding.....

my girl friend went to Island Trees high school out there, said the taxi drivers are ruthless

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.