Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The pieces came back from paint, and Kevin put the tank on so he could get a pic. Nothing is tightened down yet... still needs a full day or so of putting back together. It's coming together!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ok I am going to throw this out there as a legitimate question, but I know I'm going to come across sounding like an a$$, so I apologize for that up front. So...why does your friend want someone else's name plastered all over his bike? I certainly do acknowledge that Dale Earnhardt was a fantastic race car driver. He was well liked in the auto racing community, and was an upstanding individual. Still...I want to ride my own ride, not Dale Earnhardt's ride. I've never understood tribute bikes. It might even make a bit more sense to me if your buddy was doing a tribute Monte Carlo, or even some other Chevrolet car, but a Honda motorcycle??? I don't get it. In spite of my rude comments though I do sincerely hope your friend is very happy with his bike when completed. Give him my best.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Ok I am going to throw this out there as a legitimate question, but I know I'm going to come across sounding like an a$$, so I apologize for that up front. So...why does your friend want someone else's name plastered all over his bike? I certainly do acknowledge that Dale Earnhardt was a fantastic race car driver. He was well liked in the auto racing community, and was an upstanding individual. Still...I want to ride my own ride, not Dale Earnhardt's ride. I've never understood tribute bikes. It might even make a bit more sense to me if your buddy was doing a tribute Monte Carlo, or even some other Chevrolet car, but a Honda motorcycle??? I don't get it. In spite of my rude comments though I do sincerely hope your friend is very happy with his bike when completed. Give him my best.
You have someone elses name on your bike, right? :shock:

I understand the tribute thing, just not for me. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,767 Posts

The pieces came back from paint, and Kevin put the tank on so he could get a pic. Nothing is tightened down yet... still needs a full day or so of putting back together. It's coming together!
...not to be rude...but I have a persona to maintain...so how does a guy's signature on your tank make a tribute bike?...as a disciple of design I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding the transfer of what Dale Earnhardt meant to NASCAR and your interpretation...

..where is the # (3) and the red pinstriping....how about the Goodwrench style that defined Dale's marketing?...

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
...not to be rude...but I have a persona to maintain...so how does a guy's signature on your tank make a tribute bike?...as a disciple of design I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding the transfer of what Dale Earnhardt meant to NASCAR and your interpretation...

..where is the # (3) and the red pinstriping....how about the Goodwrench style that defined Dale's marketing?...

I think it is on the Saddle bags and maybe fenders, those pics were in another thread.
Coop

·
Registered
6,153 Posts

Right here, dildo breath. :shock: :mrgreen:

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53-general-discussion/113812-earnhardt-tribute-bike.html

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
[/B][/I]
I think it is on the Saddle bags and maybe fenders, those pics were in another thread.
Coop
...hmmm...guess I missed that thread...usually one keeps adding to the orig post...:wink:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

This is the second post on this. The first post had pics of the hard bags which had the #3, and I believe the red pin stripe. I'm not sure why the OP started a new thread. It should all be in one.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
..listen up bugnuts...I have a hard enough time following these threads let alone some of the multiple threads that are somehow supposed to relate to each other...FCK it...:mad::mad::mad:
Awwwwww...grow the f up and dry up, needldyk. :shock: If you half pay attention to this place, it's pretty easy to follow. Of course, for someone like you, well, nevermind. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Calm down everyone.

Sorry I started a new thread. I just couldn't fine the old one!

My buddy making the bike is my husband, Kevin. It's a Kawasaki Nomad that was wrecked last March when a drunk slammed my husband against the curb.

We were at Daytona (in the Mattel Suite in what was the Winston Towers) in 2001 when the accident happened. My husband was a huge fan. I don't really "get it" when it comes to Nascar, but whatever.

I'll post more pics when it all comes together and is all shiny and new and perty. I'll try to find this thread so I don't confuse anyone. If you're not interested, then don't look ;-)!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
HA she told you guys LOL I actually like the bike when I seen it in the other thread, coming together nice.

Dauntae

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.