Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been toying with adding headset speakers in my helmet. I have a HJC with built in pockets for this. The reason is I am planning three or four trips this coming year.
Has anyone done this and how does it work for you. Not looking for safty issues some have with music just wanting to know about how well the speakers work

·
Registered
18,126 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have a set of helmet speakers coming my way from Amazon. I'm going to give them a try.
Like many others here, I'm not interested in daily riding music, but I want something to listen to, even if it's the news, while riding looooong stretches of boring interstate while touring.

The main complaint, but not a universal one, I hear about headphones (ear buds are not an option for me as my state limits a rider to wearing one in one ear only) is that the volume is not always high enough for good listening at highway speeds.

I hear that headphone amplifiers like this...

...may solve that problem. So, I'm going to try the headphones alone and, if if I need more volume, I'll order the amplifier.

It's not too costly a solution for me since the headphones were only about $25.00. The amplifier, if I need it, only costs a little bit more, and my Sansa Clip MP3 player/radio was free. I found it left behind at my business and after months passed, no one claimed it. So, mine. :cool:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Captain D thanks for the link it looks great.

Menhir, i am the same just want something to lesson to.
I drive over 40,000 miles a year and never leave Texas so there is a lot of windshield time lessoning to the radio on my 150 to 250 mile trips around home just want something besides the steady hum of the bike although i like that from time to time. Ear buds are out fo me because i have a very severe hearing lost not deaf just can't hear lol.
Just testing the water to see what the guys that have helmet speakers think of them

·
Registered
18,126 Posts
"Back in the day", nobody had music on their bikes...
Being a music lover and auto sound installer, we came up with the first in Highlands County FL to have music for the road...
I used a set of headphone speakers installed into my 2/3 helmet...
George on the other hand used outdoor speakers mounted to his Bike...

Today there are many to choose from...

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts