Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am thinking about making my first real ride with my bike. I will be leaving out of Delaware and heading to Key West. I do plan on making a side trip to ride the tail of the dragon on the way downand I will stop by Ft Bragg on my way back as well, but I was wondering what else would be worth the detour on my way down or back? I am having a little bit of work done on my bike in the next few weeks and will be heading out shortly after that. I am planning on about 2 weeks worth of vacation give or take. Any suggestions from good places to eat or spend the night to sights to see on the trip will be appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone.:grin2:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Fort Pulaski in Savannah, Ga. is interesting, and I have heard that the night life on the waterfront in downtown is good.

Jekyll Island, not far from Savannah is beautiful!

Stone Mountain Ga is good to see if you have not been there before.

Stop in at Daytona Beach and take a ride on the beach.

Google Civil War Reenactments and see if there are any along your route,,,If this might interest you.

I'll stop here and let others chime in,,,

Good luck on your trip and be safe!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for the suggestion @chevyman_ky and @PhantomRider64. I will definitely hit the Blue Ridge Parkway and stop at Daytona for the Beach ride ride and I will check into the other suggestions as well. I love reenactments and didn' even think of that so that will be researched very well.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If you have not been to the Florida Keys before PM me. I go about once a year and know a lot about them. I may head down that way myself around the same time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have not been to the Florida Keys before PM me. I go about once a year and know a lot about them. I may head down that way myself around the same time.
I have never been to the Keys @Moonrider. I have sent you a PM thanks.:)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Thank you so much for the suggestion @chevyman_ky and @PhantomRider64. I will definitely hit the Blue Ridge Parkway and stop at Daytona for the Beach ride ride and I will check into the other suggestions as well. I love reenactments and didn' even think of that so that will be researched very well.
My fiance and I are reenactors, Civil War, Cowboy, and working on pirate. If you are going to be close to Anniston, Al. let me know. We might break out the cannon for a few practice fires,,,

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The Skyline Drive in Virginia is nice too and it runs into the Blue Ridge Parkway.It's103 miles @ 35 mph with lots of deer and bears.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Skyline Drive in Virginia is nice too and it runs into the Blue Ridge Parkway.It's103 miles @ 35 mph with lots of deer and bears.
That is an excellent idea. I have not been on Skyline Drive since I was a little kid. Thank you @Steve C

1 - 10 of 10 Posts