Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a true 2 into 1 header or collector for an '02 Sabre or Shadows in general. Stopped by a garage sale at lunch today and picked up a stock full system for the Sabre and a D&D carbon fiber sport bike can. Just for gits and shiggles I was thinking about making up an alternate exhaust system for the Sabre. (before I get blasted for putting a sport bike can on a Shadow keep in mind that everyone has the right to do foolish things) I was scanning the web and couldn't find a true 2 into 1...I can always have the local muffler shop fab something up, but it's worth checking for something already made. If anyone knows I'd appreciate the info!

*factory 2 into 1 systems for the Shadows still have 2 separate pipes inside the large muffler section, they don't actually come together*

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
V&H Pro Pipe

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
As 93gc40 stated the V&H Pro Pipe is 2 into 1. Of course to buy the whole system is kinda pricey if you just want it for the head section. Perhaps if you contact V&H directly they will sell you just the header.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
bm#19,

There is another 2-1 system BUT is no longer manufactured. Rifle 2-1 BIG GUNS (www.rifle.com). This system's pipes still have the 2 separate pipes but these come into a short collector area before entering the baffle/muffler section. This is a complete system from the exhaust port to the end of the muffler can.

These pipes are single walled (approx. 16 gage) tubing and the exhaust port size is nearly as big as the port itself. The muffler can is tapered about 3-1/2" to approx. 5" from the collector to the end of the can. They have a different bends than most mostly the rear cylinder.

I searched sometime later to find out who made these for Rifle. The maker was Banschee (sp?) and although they have the jigs/fixtures to make these for the 1987-1996 Shadows (4-speed tranny) models thye will not make others....at this time (back just a couple yrs. ago). Not sure if they will talk about making more or not.

We found the V&H ProPipe to work just as well for perfomance/sound/install. Only mod most had/would make was to the muffler bracket itself.

As many find out this 2-1 configuration is good for low/mid range torque, mileage and HP. But many like the sweet sound this combo gives the double-pin cranked motors of the VT1100's!!!! I know all about this 2-1 system as I have it on my 1995 VT1100 Sahdow.

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I think I'll try calling v&h and start trolling eBay! It's always good to get help with my completely unnecessary notions!

·
Registered
802 Posts
The V&H Pro Pipe HS will fit your bike as if it were made for it.

It was.

It also bolts right on to the Spirit too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts