Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I saw a helmet that just looked badass.

It was fullface, flat black, had a pretty round head area (no flutes or fins), and had a chin vent that made it look like a storm trooper or something from Star Wars.
The visor had a cool contour to it as well, kind of like ski-goggles.

Now I'm in the market for a new helmet, and I just can't find my old bookmark to the website.

Hlep!

-K

·
Registered
270 Posts
Kframe said:
A while back I saw a helmet that just looked badass.

It was fullface, flat black, had a pretty round head area (no flutes or fins), and had a chin vent that made it look like a storm trooper or something from Star Wars.
The visor had a cool contour to it as well, kind of like ski-goggles.

Now I'm in the market for a new helmet, and I just can't find my old bookmark to the website.

Hlep!

-K
you need the alien helmet
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38645&highlight=helmet

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies so far!

The Simpson is close, but doesn't have the vertical slits on the chin vent area like the one I'm thinking of.
The profile is pretty close though.

Oh, yes! This one rat posted is the one I remember!

Someone else told me to look for a Craft helmet, but I haven't seen any of those.

Hopefully rat can post and tell us who makes the one he pictured in that other thread.

And another thing, I was telling a buddy about this "darth" helmet and he mentioned that he recently saw a flat black helmet with a flat black visor as well.
I don't know how you could see out of it, maybe it was deep smoke color, but my friend said it was definitely not gloss black like most of the black visors.
Hmmm?

-K

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a picture of the Craft RX-6 helmet, kinda looks like the Simpson one a bit.

Comes in gloss & flat black, or chrome!

It appears that the Simpson Bandit and the Craft helmets have a much more pronounced or protruding chin area, and the Simpson Outlaw chin juts out less.

Still not convinced I should get a new helmet this year (I can't see/feel anything wrong with the one I have except a few scuffs) but I figure I better shop before the season arrives.

Thanks for the help finding these links!
-K

G

·
0 Posts
Kframe said:
Thanks for the replies so far!

The Simpson is close, but doesn't have the vertical slits on the chin vent area like the one I'm thinking of.
An older Simpson Bandit had the slits.

Someone else told me to look for a Craft helmet, but I haven't seen any of those.
Here's one on Ebay...
Link

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
No dealers this side of the pond, I wrote them and asked.

They are legal over here though, they exceed DOT standards.

As for the "flat black visors"... I know that there are companies out there that do visor decals. Perforated sheet vinyl in whatever design you want. They do cut down on visibility though. Kinda like looking out a bus window (when they have that wraparound advertising crap goin' on)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've seen that style of helmet in the shops out here in Germany. Next time I'm out and about, I'll see if I can find 'em.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts