Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
trying to get back in the saddle

I sold my bike about 4 years ago- started looking for a new one. Remembered this forum, and stumbled across the Midwest section. I'm in central Illinois.

If anyone hears of a good deal, let me know. Looking forward to getting in the wind again. Maybe I can meet up with some of you.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Keep an eye on the area Craiglist. Peoria/LaSalle Co/Quad cities. I see quite a few on there. You just have to shop smart.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I sold my bike about 4 years ago- started looking for a new one. Remembered this forum, and stumbled across the Midwest section. I'm in central Illinois.

If anyone hears of a good deal, let me know. Looking forward to getting in the wind again. Maybe I can meet up with some of you.
Welcome from "up nort' ".

Keep an eye on CraigsList. Once I decided I was buying, I found something I liked within a week. I even paid a couple of hundred over book, but this bike was immaculate for being 17 years old and the seller met me in Duluth, which saved me a long trip to Brainerd.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a 2001 750 Shadow. I felt it was fine for me.
My dad had the 600 - I dug it, and it was peppy and quick, but it never
quite felt right.
I'd be happy with the 750 again, and I think I'd prefer the ACE or Aero.
However, I'm considering bumping up to the 1100, or maybe the 1300.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Don't wanna go back that far...

here is what I looked at - and the guy is giving me a ton of extra stuff.

2005 Honda Shadow Aero 750
considering buying it

That is a sweet looking ride, but I may be somewhat biased.

I can't comment on the US pricing, but I paid $2700 for my 2006 in November. Average price for that bike here in riding weather is about $4000. Oh and mine had 19000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
I never looked up book, but that doesn't seem too bad for a clean, low mile bike with extras. How old are the tires? If he says they're at 50%, i'd guess they're original and need replacing. Dry rotted or not, they're old. I'd figure 2-300 off if it needs tires. Let's ride!:wink2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hope you find something nice. CL is a great asset. I bought my bike three weeks back with 20k on it for 900 cash (86 VT700C) . Fantastic shape, new Michelins, runs perfectly fine, no rust but for a few bolt heads. I really am enjoying it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.