Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to help a friend with his 1990 Shadow 1100. I've been all through it and it still runs poorly, IMHO. He say's that's how it's always run. I think it could do better. As I get it moving it has some spunk but before it goes twenty five feet it runs out of breath and has to be shifted. It's that way through all the gears. Short shifting is necessary if you want to feel any power.

I think it's caused by an aftermarket exhaust system that lacks any cross over pipe. There are mufflers but they're tiny and concealed in the pipes. The sound is barky and sharp but not particularly loud.

What I'm looking for is either a stock system in good shape or a recommendation for an after market system that will restore the original power.

TIA

Bill

·
Registered
748 Posts
Don't know where you're from but there is a huge motorcycle junk yard here in MN. Sportwheels.com. They ship stuff too. I was just out there and grabbed a part. Saw a '92 Shadow sitting there, front end and tank smashed but looked like the stock pipes were in tact. Just a thought.
Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts