Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you mount that radio shack piezo buzzer for turn signals on the outside of your headlight towards the bottom or will rain ruin it if it gets wet?
thanks
2008 shadow areo

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I had a radio dhack one mounted right where the flasher relay is. It was there for one season the ripped out without prejudice. It is the most annoying (to you and others) mod you can do. Install a light the buzzer is just WRONG.

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,097 Posts
That would make me crazy while waiting for a light to change. :evil:
If you were going to wire up a buzzer, then it would probably be best to also wire in some sort of timer for the buzzer so it doesn't start going off right away, but waits an appropriate amount of time. That way it's more likely to actually be a reminder for when you forget to turn them off and not so much of an annoyance buzzing the whole time your turn signal is on.

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,097 Posts
I had another thought... instead of the buzzer, use a speaker and have a recording that says, "Hey Idiot! You forgot to turn off your frickin' turn signal again!" :mrgreen:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow

Wow i thought this was friendly motorcycle site. I never would have thought that buy asking a simple question i would end up with such S A responses from fellow motorcycle riders.
As far as it going off the whole time your stopped it does not as i hooked it up to a relay so when the brake is on the buzzer is silent .
i guess i'll just have to find a forum with serious riders.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Don't get you undies in a bunch. Most folks here are pretty cool and very helpful. It's just that those of us that have had a buzzer on our turn signal relay have gotten rid of them ASAP. If you really want one, go to your FLAPS and get a relay with a buzzer in it. They make 'em for cagers who are hard of hearing.

And lighten up bro, it's all good. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Wow i thought this was friendly motorcycle site. I never would have thought that buy asking a simple question i would end up with such S A responses from fellow motorcycle riders.
As far as it going off the whole time your stopped it does not as i hooked it up to a relay so when the brake is on the buzzer is silent .
i guess i'll just have to find a forum with serious riders.
Whoa dude, I gave you a constructive and creative alternative with the mirror LED thought ... nobody's knocking you, we're just having fun. No harm done. :-D

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
The best idea I've heard of so far is a buzzer (more like a vibrator) installed in the seat so you can "feel" the flasher and remember to shut it off. Nobody else can hear or feel it but you. A small buzzer from Radio Shack will work just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.