Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 85 vt700 for the shop today. What a difference a $400 carb job has made. Both piston vacuums were torn( $100 each...ouch!) and they were stupid dirty. Runs like a champ now cant wait to start riding it. To my question... the left rear turn signal does not work, front left works but blinks fast. I replaced the bulb still same problem, also checked the connections on the housing and they look good to me. I would have had the shop to look at it but they took all my money for the carb job. Plz any help would be helpful!

·
Registered
325 Posts
There is a small “pouch” of wires under your back seat where all your connections are for your rear lights. I would guess one of the connections has come unplugged or is corroded. Easy to get at and check. If it’s not that it is most likely your blinker relay (under the left side cover). Might be stuck or bad all together.

BTW congrats of getting the bike back to running again! :p

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
run sandpaper over light bulb connections. Try again. Take off seat, and trace wires up the bike. Those blinker wires should have junctions somewhere under the seat, make sure they are connected. If they are, take apart, sand lightly. Also, look for damaged wires while doing this.

That's at least a starting point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys for the help, this forum [email protected]$$!!!! I will try this out and get back if need be! I will try and post some pics soon was trying to wait to after she gets painted but a before and after would not hurt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx guys for the tips. Just got done fixing my turn signal problem. the bulb was not getting good connection in the housing!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts