Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 85 Shadow VT700.
Front left signal stops working if the right signal is used.
Problem on my 85 VT700.. Front turn signals.
They both work as blinkers, and the front right always works as a running light.
But the front left sometimes works as a running light and sometimes doesn't.
If i turn on the right blinker, when I cancel the blinker, the left light goes off, But if I turn on the left blinker, then cancel it, it stays on as a running light.
Basically the front left stops working as a running light after the right blinker is used..
I changed both bulbs.
Is this a switch issue or a ground issue?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Start simple. You say the bulbs are good, but check the sockets themselves and make sure the contacts are clean. Then track your wires to inside your headlight and make sure all the plug/contacts are tight and clean (bet something is loose or corroded). If you still have a problem, then pulling the switch and giving it a good cleaning is the next step.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Start simple. You say the bulbs are good, but check the sockets themselves and make sure the contacts are clean. Then track your wires to inside your headlight and make sure all the plug/contacts are tight and clean (bet something is loose or corroded). If you still have a problem, then pulling the switch and giving it a good cleaning is the next step.
This, except start by cleaning and lubing the switch. Clean the ones on the other bar while you are at it.

·
Registered
17,132 Posts
Or remove them like I did lol. They aren't required in Texas.

<<<<<<<<< I`m NOT sticking my nose in your business >>>>>>>>
I would double check that, if I were you... Sure don`t wanna give good money away...
MOST states require turnsignals IF the Bike came with them... (AMA in my signature link has state by state laws)

Good Luck on this issue with your Lights issue, it can be a challenge tracking down these problems...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Start really simple by first ensuring you have the correct model of bulb (I don't know what your's uses). It's common in automobiles too. The bulb may fit and light up, but if it's not the right model number, it will not work correctly.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good advise above, I know when my trailer lights do funny things its a ground issue most times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts