Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'll probably take some flak for these questions, but I'm new to motorcycles and want to learn.

#1: How do I remove the fork covers on a 2011 Phantom? I really don't want to start removing bolts for stuff that doesn't need to be removed. I want to take the covers off because I'm going to powder coat them black.

#2: If you look at my picture in my sig, you'll see the grey/silver circle on the lower left side of the engine. What is that plate covering? And what do I need to do to remove it? I want to powder coat it black as well. I'm just trying to weigh my "pain in the ass vs. Reward" factor.

Those are my stupid questions. I know I should know the answers....but that's why I'm here asking for help.

Oh, if any phantom owners care, I'm currently in the process of painting the speedometer bracket, pics should be up this evening.

·
Registered
748 Posts
You'll probably need to remove the forks from the triple trees to get the fork covers off. The cover on the side of the engine covers the rotor/stator. There's oil in there so it would be less of a mess if you you drained the oil first. Not sure how hot that cover gets and as a result may effect your choice of paint.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I know I'll probably take some flak for these questions, but I'm new to motorcycles and want to learn.

#1: How do I remove the fork covers on a 2011 Phantom? I really don't want to start removing bolts for stuff that doesn't need to be removed. I want to take the covers off because I'm going to powder coat them black.

#2: If you look at my picture in my sig, you'll see the grey/silver circle on the lower left side of the engine. What is that plate covering? And what do I need to do to remove it? I want to powder coat it black as well. I'm just trying to weigh my "pain in the ass vs. Reward" factor.

Those are my stupid questions. I know I should know the answers....but that's why I'm here asking for help.

Oh, if any phantom owners care, I'm currently in the process of painting the speedometer bracket, pics should be up this evening.
#1 Man i want to see some pic's after you get those painted.
#2 I also thought about it but figured it would be too much trouble.
#3 phantom mods? ohhhh yes i want to see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.