Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Really starting to warm up to this cruiser. Wanted a touring bike but the only one out there that would fit my vertically challenged frame was the BMW R1200R & R1200RT. With the nearest dealer just over 100 miles away it became a "no-brainer", no touring bike.
I bought a leftover 2009 750 Shadow Aero and am pleased with it's road manners. If it had that sixth gear, I would be hard pressed to find anything to complain about. 800 miles on the odometer now and everything is starting to really smooth out. More power would be nice but not at the expense of gass mileage so I am satisfied with what Honda has done in this regard. This motor is of the "single pin crank" vintage and with the stock exhaust system gives a pretty robust sound; much louder than I am used to in a metric bike. It does sound quite pleasing without annoying the neighborhood.
In summary, a very nice bike that I am sure I will enjoy for a long time.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
the aeros are fine machines. i wish i still had mine.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Well we finally get a pic of Old Frank's bike and it's the size of a fecking gnat whole. Here you go Franky, next time use a photobucket account, they're free. Upload pics, hover over desired pic, share, get link code, full size, select all, copy, then paste in post. This will also work in the edit signature area and we get to see your ride in every post.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we finally get a pic of Old Frank's bike and it's the size of a fecking gnat whole. Here you go Franky, next time use a photobucket account, they're free. Upload pics, hover over desired pic, share, get link code, full size, select all, copy, then paste in post. This will also work in the edit signature area and we get to see your ride in every post.

Oh! Man! There must be a better way!!!!

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Welcome nice ride you have

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Oh! Man! There must be a better way!!!!

Sure, you can use the attachment feature and browse from your computer files but you will soon use all your allotted bit space, sharing from a photobucket account it's open ended.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What bags are those frank? I bought the saddleman teardrop shock cutout bags for mine but despite what saddleman says I dont see anyway I am going to be able to mount them without relocating the turnsignals. Your bags look at lot like my saddlemans but mine don't have the studs.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just looked it up on Cheapcycleparts.com to see if it was a shaft or chain drive. Man if it was a chain drive, that 6th gear problem would be solved with a smaller sprocket. But you're stuck :(

Why not travel for a bike that you're interested in? I'm in the market for something new and I'm looking 100-150 miles outside of where I'm at for it.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What bags are those frank? I bought the saddleman teardrop shock cutout bags for mine but despite what saddleman says I dont see anyway I am going to be able to mount them without relocating the turnsignals. Your bags look at lot like my saddlemans but mine don't have the studs.
They are Honda Line. Pricey but fit without mods.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why not travel for a bike that you're interested in? I'm in the market for something new and I'm looking 100-150 miles outside of where I'm at for it.
The lack of a dealership within 100 miles is not a good thing. At my age I would not look forward to such a ride for routine maintenance. Then there is the non-routine trip on a trailer, rented in my case. The local Honda dealer will just stop in and pick it up if need be.

This bike is not a BMW R1200R but it will match the beemer in quality, is more reliable and has more than acceptable road handling qualities for me. Finding out that I made the right move.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts