Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the uclear bluetooth helmet speakers. I am wanting to add speakers to my helmet and am looking at the Cycle Gear Uclear. Can anyone give me the thumbs up or down on the product? Cycle Gesr has them on sale and was thinking about giving them a try.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Sena SMH5-02 seems to get better reviews on Amazon, and is under $100 now.

I have no experience with any of them.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have been using the U-clear BT system for almost a year and I love it. I have speakers for each one of my FF helmet (4 of them) and a pair of earbuds for my half helmet. I use it with my android phone and the music and call quality is excellent. I have no problems holding a conversation at 70mph with a FF helmet, the other party cannot even tell that I am riding. I can hear my music without any issues at any rate of speed (Phone is rooted with ViPER4Android sound mod). I also use the intercom feature every time I do a group ride (I ride sweep) and I have no problems talking with the group lead (max range is 1 mile).

Cyclegear has the HBC-100 on sale. Do not buy this!! It has very limited features and also lacks upgradable firmware. If you are going to get one, get either the HBC 100 plus or the HBC 200. Both of them are loaded with features and have better sound quality. You can compare the features here:

Power Sports Archives - UCLEAR Digital

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have been using the U-clear BT system for almost a year and I love it. I have speakers for each one of my FF helmet (4 of them) and a pair of earbuds for my half helmet. I use it with my android phone and the music and call quality is excellent. I have no problems holding a conversation at 70mph with a FF helmet, the other party cannot even tell that I am riding. I can hear my music without any issues at any rate of speed (Phone is rooted with ViPER4Android sound mod). I also use the intercom feature every time I do a group ride (I ride sweep) and I have no problems talking with the group lead (max range is 1 mile).

Cyclegear has the HBC-100 on sale. Do not buy this!! It has very limited features and also lacks upgradable firmware. If you are going to get one, get either the HBC 100 plus or the HBC 200. Both of them are loaded with features and have better sound quality. You can compare the features here:

Power Sports Archives - UCLEAR Digital
How do you like the ear buds and the quality of the mic on those? I been considering UCLEAR specifically for use of the ear buds. No other units that I am aware have the same setup.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I think the one's with a boom mic can be used with a 3/4 open face.

Firmware is the software that is loaded into the device that controls its operation. It might be nice if the firmware is upgradeable so the manufacturer can fix bugs and maybe add new software-based features.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the one's with a boom mic can be used with a 3/4 open face.

Firmware is the software that is loaded into the device that controls its operation. It might be nice if the firmware is upgradeable so the manufacturer can fix bugs and maybe add new software-based features.
Thank you Skullcap, after I posted the question i did a search on firmware. Most of my riding is by myself I am just wanting to lesson to music.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sena SMH5-02 seems to get better reviews on Amazon, and is under $100 now.

I have no experience with any of them.
I don't know much about the uclear but I bought the Sena SMH5 (pair) and have one set in my full face, the other in a 3/4 and they work well. Not premium sound but adequate for highway tunes. Good battery life too. You can get one with a boom mic or order it separately for the 3/4 helmet if you want phone capabilities.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts