Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am with my 2004 Shadow 1100. I pulled the seat to clean the K&N. Much to my dismay there are a few wires just hanging out under the seat. 2 red ones that have protected connectors on them and some small guage black wire with white tracers. I havent had any luck finding a readable wiring diagram to see what they are for, but would like to have everything hooked up and working correctly as this is my everyday ride. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will get one up this weekend. Had the seat off at work had to get it back on before it was time to go home. I did realize that there are these little led rings hot glued to the inside of my rear signal lenses. Im thinking the black wires were at one time for those, again I will further investigate with the seat off this weekend. I will get the pics up then, just wasnt sure if anyone had seen this on theirs. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update......So, I was right about the black wires with the LED lights. Took the seat off and figured that much out still not sure about the red wires. I got a pic on my phone, gotta get it to the computer to put it up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the po must have had some extra brake lights on the bike too. I pulled it apart this weekend traced down the wiring and it was all just added wires for lights that either no longer worked or had been taken off. I reran my wires cleaned it all up now no more random wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.