Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 honda shadow 1100, a few days ago after a few miles of riding to charge the battery there was water dripping from under the left side of the engine ( I suppose its the water pump). However I could not locate the exact source of the leak. I have read a few posts in relation to this, but I am still not convinced of what is the best thing to do to solve this problem. I live in Malaysia, parts for this bike is quite rare and difficult to source. Please help.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
It could be the water pump which is located at the front lower left, it also could be the center hose between the cylinders. Normally I wouldn't suggest this but a stop leak product might cure your problem, if it's the water pump the engine has to be pulled to replace it.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
I have a 1995 honda shadow 1100, a few days ago after a few miles of riding to charge the battery there was water dripping from under the left side of the engine ( I suppose its the water pump). However I could not locate the exact source of the leak. I have read a few posts in relation to this, but I am still not convinced of what is the best thing to do to solve this problem. I live in Malaysia, parts for this bike is quite rare and difficult to source. Please help.
Water or coolant? My crankcase breather tube is always leaving little droplets on the garage floor. It think it's a HD, alway's marking it's spot! :p:lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your view and suggestion....will try the stop leak product which I realy hope will solve the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts