Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a nice long ride yesterday with the wife. Afterwards she told me that where the bars have always been heavy and had a tendency to fall from side to side, that characteristic is gone. I'd ridden the bike in it's factory configuration and noticed it, but it didn't really bother me that much. Honda just gave it a lot of trail. It was a bit of a hassle for her. Didn't like it. Lowering the trees reduced the trail enough so that she said it had zero bar drop from stop to stop. After yesterday's sixty mile ride she said it was perfect. Since it had too much trail to begin with I can't help but be curious as to how much it has now. Don't need any negative numbers.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Lowering the trees reduced the trail enough so that she said it had zero bar drop from stop to stop. After yesterday's sixty mile ride she said it was perfect. Since it had too much trail to begin with I can't help but be curious as to how much it has now. Don't need any negative numbers.
Curious, how did you lower the trees? If it improves with the Shadow's slow speed handling and cornering it could turn into a nice fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts