Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with upshifting. I have a 2005 Spirit 1100 with a little over 26,000 miles and have all of the sudden developed a problem. When upshifting to any gear the gear shift feels "heavy" like it has a 10lb weight on it. Sometimes it upshifts easily. I don't see any binding on the linkage. Nothing has changed on the bike. I got it out this morning and all of the sudden it isn't right. The bike is well maintained. Was shifting great when I last rode it a week ago. Anything I need to look for or the possible cause? :(

*I'm southernspirit and accidently posted under Texmjr.. :oops:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had the same feeling a while back and as soon as I changed the oil it went away...I hope your problem is that simple.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Try pulling back the little rubber boots on the shifter link( there is one on both ends of the shifter adjuster rod under the peg) and spray the best lube you have in the joint. It will not take much rust to bind them up and cause that problem....Dont skate it, make sure the lube is getting into the pivot joint...

·
Registered
119 Posts
rifleman223 said:
What oil are you using?
I use Honda 10W/40. Thaks for the responses guys. I will lube that pivot joint but the problem seemed to have been the angle of the peg when I added stirrups. I angled them down more like I had before before the stirrups and now seems to be doing better. I am due for an oil change too. Thanks again yall! :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.