Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week or so ago someone asked about the Ural motorbike.
It got my interest up a bit so I started looking at them.

If I lived in North America I would buy one of these machines because:
They run in snow.
They have their own built in heater.

This clip made me chuckle.

YouTube - Fire and Ice

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Looks like a good Minnesota bike!! There's a guy from Minneapolis (or one of the close suburbs) that rides all winter long that has one of those. There was a write up about him in the local paper not too long ago if I could only find it...
Just another reason to design a sidecar for my bobber.

·
Registered
360 Posts
:shock:

I think he needs to drop down a few sizes on the primary jets.......:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
My nephew bought a new Ural Gear Up to ride year round in Maine. So far he loves it. Got a Ural fairing and lowers with it, course in camo. He said the quality seems to be really good and starts up easily even when below zero. Now if he can find car tires to put on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Friends, I am very flattered to hear good comments about the Russian motorcycles))))
..... But I am shocked by the prices at which they sold to you. It is VERY surprising!
This motorcycles have very cheap.
They are not very popular in Russia. For one year at a factory making 800 pieces ......... and only a very small amount remains in Russia.
The largest portion of these bikes for export to the United States.
........ Why do you like so much ???????? We are not in demand.
If I bought myself a bike ....... what my friends advise me to apply to a therapist in a madhouse .)))))

PS
If you need tires for the wheels on this bike, I willwill try to to help you with the purchase.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Friends, I am very flattered to hear good comments about the Russian motorcycles))))
..... But I am shocked by the prices at which they sold to you. It is VERY surprising!
Etoi motorcycles have very cheap.
They are not very popular polzuyutya. For one year at a factory making 800 pieces ......... and only a very small amount remains in Russia.
Most plant proivodit them for export to the United States.
........ Why do you like so much ???????? We are not in demand.
If I bought myself a bike ....... what my friends advise me to apply to a therapist in a madhouse .)))))
LOL! I can understand what you're saying, Bro. When I lived in the Czech Republic in 2004-05 and the locals found out I had Jawa and CZ motorcycles back in NZ, they said, "Why the expletive do you ride those POSs? We waited years to get rid of them!"

For Westerners, Ural motorcycles are unusual and fun. There are a few of the modern ones over here and we used to get them in exchange for milk powder back in the 1970s, including ones with two-wheel drive and even farming implements. :shock::shock::shock:

·
Registered
42 Posts
))))) I understand.
On this bike you can plow the land for corn)))) I agree with that.
But I really do not understand why you are being sold for 11,000 dollars??
We have no one buys, but you can buy used in good condition for $ 500.

Tell me, what does "LOL"?

·
Registered
587 Posts
))))) I understand.
On this bike you can plow the land for corn)))) I agree with that.
But I really do not understand why you are being sold for 11,000 dollars??
We have no one buys, but you can buy used in good condition for $ 500.

Tell me, what does "LOL"?
Laughs out loud = LOL

·
Registered
587 Posts
With tyres like that you could float the machine across Lake Baikal! :shock::eek::shock::eek::shock:

Actually, it looks pretty cool. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
229 Posts
There is an Ural Dnepr MT 11 with side car for sale overhere. 5km on the clock. Brandnew, has been in crat so needs to build up technically.
Price is 1.750.00 euro. Here is the link.
Marktplaats.nl > Ural Dnepr MT 11 zijspan - Motoren - Motoren | Zijspanmotoren

An Ural Dnepr K750 with sidecar, 1966 original and cpmplete with foreign licenseplates. 1.150.00 euro

Marktplaats.nl > dnepr ural k750 met zijspan - Motoren - Motoren | Oldtimers

If you need any translation I will try to help. Its all in dutch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can help you see the original description in Russian.
You can see it here.
http://motoshtrafbat.ru/manuals.htm

The main problem for these bikes (Урал, Днепр, К-750, М-72) is a large amount of counterfeit spare parts. Beware of fakes Genuine Parts are hard.
My friends are restoring motorcycles. They have a very old bikes. Even the German military motorcycles, which were submitted by the German army at the time of the Second World War.
I think my friends will be happy to assist you in finding spare parts.
And maybe help make some of the details.
Here is their website:http://motoshtrafbat.ru/http://motoshtrafbat.ru/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts