Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of a 2003 VT1100C. I recently bought a Craftsman Motorcycle Lift, but haven't had the guts to try it yet. Any advice (or pictures) on how to position the rails under the bike would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Same combo myself, I could only make it work by using blocks in back (between the bike frame and jack pads), front pads can go under the oil pan. You gotta watch out for the oil filter, it sticks down pretty low. Back pads line up with kickstand. It ain't the most solid setup but gets the job done. Oh Yah, be careful, all disclaimers apply.
Tim

·
Registered
80 Posts
ddgman said:
I am a new owner of a 2003 VT1100C. I recently bought a Craftsman Motorcycle Lift, but haven't had the guts to try it yet. Any advice (or pictures) on how to position the rails under the bike would be greatly appreciated.
I bought a lift from Harbor Freight that is very similar to the Craftsman. I learned very quickly (put a dent in the oil filter) that I needed some sort of adapter to provide clearance for the stuff hanging below the frame. I fabricated an adapter from 2" x 2" x 1/4" steel angle. The adapter has 1" x 3" vertical tabs that contact the frame providing clearance for the oil filter, engine, etc. It works great. I'll do some photos the next time I clean my Sabre (waiting for good weather and power ball mini to arrive) and post as a new thread. If I had to do it again I would use 2" x 3" x 1/4" 6061-T6 aluminum angle (ordered online) because it would be easier to fabricate.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Don't forget to tie it down.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Do a search on bike lifts, you will find more then you ever wanted to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts