Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Seems like an expensive paint job for one that can just peel off! Could have some interesting applications I guess.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I can't imagine it would handle the UV light too well in the summer. Looks cool though...sort of like stealth paint!

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
If I had an Suzuki Marauder painted "pastel green 50's paint job with a p51 mustang as the tank emblem" I'd cover it up with something also. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Oh cool. I can rob that bank now and peel off the red paint to reveal my white Ranger and make a getaway, jez like in da movies.

Which flick was that.......Bruce Willis in the Jackel remake? A Jason Borne pic? I forget.....hints?

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
I doubt I would use it on anything I wanted to look good, Maybe on a deer stand or hey maybe tools!
Coop

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Oh cool. I can rob that bank now and peel off the red paint to reveal my white Ranger and make a getaway, jez like in da movies.

Which flick was that.......Bruce Willis in the Jackel remake? A Jason Borne pic? I forget.....hints?
It was in the Jackal. He washed the minivan after the shooting. From white to red I think.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Plastidip is PURE AWESOME. A lot of guys on the VW GTI forums use it on all sorts of things. It's seriously awesome. It weathers awesome, it coats well, it's easy to remove. The thing that a lot of the MKV GTI owners is blacking out the stock rims because they look awesome from the factory. Some powdercoat (like me), others plastidip em. It's a great way to cover up scratches or a color you're not a fan of.
It won't crack, chip or peel.

I've plastidipped a few pieces of plastic on previous vehicles that were fading from uv. Here's some other examples... Or you can just search google for it. Seriously, it's awesome stuff.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Is it available in an aerosol can?
Yes, that's how it comes. It's just like spraypaint but it dries like a plastic coating. I should of done this to my shadow when I had it. **** I might do a few pieces of my Vrod with it. It's been years since I used it so I completely forgot about it. Glad I ran across this thread.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have only seen it in the can where you actually dip an object into the coating. Now I really want to spray something with Plasti Dip.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, if you can really peel it off that easily if you don't like it, I may actually have to try it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just a heads up, I painted my clutch the other day. I'm going to pull more pieces off and plastidip them as I get the time to do so. Better pictures when I get a chance too.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.