Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, my riding buddies enjoy my not being afraid to mechanic on these Bikes...
I got a 96 Magna V4 750 in the stable which will crank up and run fine on 4 cylinders...
UNTIL you give it the gas?????
The two cylinders quit firing completely and I can`t keep it running when I twist the throttle...
HOWEVER Crank it up, it idles great?????

I`m thinking Carbs are clogged being as it has sat more than rode for 5-6 months with little use since he bought his 1600 YaMaHa...
He drained the fuel and added Seafoam, on my recommemdation prior to my getting it...
I dunno if he used the mix ratio on the can or not? ;)
I`m thinking on drain and fill with new gas only, to see what happens???

Chicken Man wants me to get it right for him and ride it enough to keep the Gremlins away....

I like this Bikes` "Get up & GO" when it`s running right!!!!

I`ll prolly end up with it for a while,
Dennis

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sounds like the pilot jets are plugged. Try some fresh fuel & a double dose of SeaFoam. :) ;)

·
Registered
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do/does anyone have a manual on CD you`ll send me??? OR a download link???
I was lucky enough to get one for my VT750 from a member here some time back...

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm doing a very similar project on a 94 Magna, Captain. Just picked it up Saturday.

Joined the V4Musclebike.com forum where I was able to download a pdf of the shop manual and owners manual too......mine's been sitting over 2 years....feeling a tad intimidated by those carbs the more research I do....it's going to be a hell of a project, but a fun ride once we get them running, eh?

maybe we can help each other out along the way...
Jammit

·
Registered
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
V4musclebike,com , Headed there shortly...
This is the help I asked for, links to sources or cures....
Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Did it run fine BEFORE being parked? Well since it's cutting out on throttle application, but idles fine. assuming it's warmed up enough. I'd say the pilots and chokes are , working.. Now after a few months the slides might have corroded up and the mains as a result. these are after-all what are involed with throttle application. Could also be plugged filter or pump issue. or vacuum/air leaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts