Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the Vance and hines short shots pipes? The more i look at the fraking things the more i lean towards ordering a set.

I was wondering exactly how loud these things are on a 750 and god forbid a a Db level and or maybe impressions of them, i Want some loud pipes but not over the top.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I have never had or heard of a complaint regarding any of the Vance & Hinse exhausts. If you want loud without the obnoxiousnes of loud pipes, Leave the baffles in.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have em on my bike and love em!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
If those come in black, they would look sick on a phantom.
Youtube it somebody will have them on there, the quality of the audio may be off, but hopefully you'll get a good one.
thats what did it for me, when I finally got a good audio youtube of the HK kickers

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
i just wish i could adjust the idle to make it sound like its gona die lol like all the carbed ones
but alas its a pain in a hole cant figure it out
any1 figure this out yet?

my cobra sound just as good as the vnh ones

·
Registered
506 Posts
I saw those the other day and looked into them for my bike... am I missing something, or do they not have them for a 2003 Spirit 750?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have short shots on my bike, and they never fail to please, I get lots of comments about the great sound.

Now, on the downside, on 2450 mile trip, I would have liked quieter pipes... 12 hours of that is a bit much.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Those pipes look awesome in black. They will be loud! As far as 93gc40 comment ref a complaint on V&H. I cracked two long shot pipes in the same spot. Im on my third. I break one more and I am going to ACE T Duals or a similar. One for the books. You wont have to worry about that problem with those.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was aiming for the Cobras for my phantom, but after looking at them, hearing them, and seeing the price tag I'm going with the V&H as well.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Those pipes look awesome in black. They will be loud! As far as 93gc40 comment ref a complaint on V&H. I cracked two long shot pipes in the same spot. Im on my third. I break one more and I am going to ACE T Duals or a similar. One for the books. You wont have to worry about that problem with those.
Look where they Broke.Right at the Mount where there are 3 more Frickin Feet of Pipe after the Mount.Simple leverage Broke them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It broke just aft of the mount. The strongest point. Why is it the top one broke? Twice. Not the bottom. What you see in my Sig Pic is my third pipe. (Top pipe) I wish it was just.....Simple....;> I am thinking of some sort or vibration when it hits a certain frequency it causes stress. One of the pipes that broke happen on the I-5 in LA. Man, never saw it. It must of flew threw someones window at about 80 mph tumbling down the freeway. Lol.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
It broke just aft of the mount. The strongest point. Why is it the top one broke? Twice. Not the bottom. What you see in my Sig Pic is my third pipe. (Top pipe) I wish it was just.....Simple....;> I am thinking of some sort or vibration when it hits a certain frequency it causes stress. One of the pipes that broke happen on the I-5 in LA. Man, never saw it. It must of flew threw someones window at about 80 mph tumbling down the freeway. Lol.
Assuming you have the Longshots? Have you contacted V&H about the problem? Are you running the pipes using the rear muffler bracket like you are instructed to? If not, expect to bust a few more sets of pipes. They are not designed to run without a supporting bracket. Those are LONG pipes and at speed will vibrate the hellouta your bike. You could also damage your exhaust mounts in the engine and cause harmonic trouble if not properly secured, leading to failure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ya, I talked to V&H in person. I saw Terry Vance in the P lot and he said he never seen it. I have been there on two occasions. They are very, very supportive and the customer service was freaking outstanding. Meaning, they took care of me twice. They told me to keep them posted and we....are keeping an eye on it. As for the bracket, yeah, they are hung were they oppose to be hung. Dont know who would just let them hang. I think they would break off in 5 minutes if you dont.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.