Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i removed my stock exhaust off my 99 shadow ace 750 today and I didn't see any exhaustg gasket. I am just curious if that is normal and since there is no gasket on there now do i need to put one on when i put my new vance and hines cruzers on. also I have read some posts about napa gaskets vs. copper crush gaskets, just curious if there is any advantage of one over the other.

· Registered
2,530 Posts
mfg02 said:
i removed my stock exhaust off my 99 shadow ace 750 today and I didn't see any exhaustg gasket. I am just curious if that is normal and since there is no gasket on there now do i need to put one on when i put my new vance and hines cruzers on. also I have read some posts about napa gaskets vs. copper crush gaskets, just curious if there is any advantage of one over the other.
The stock pipes had to have the gaskets installed or they would not have sealed off properly. The gasket is a crush gasket so it would have been flattened on installation of the stock pipes. You will need to carefully dig around in the exhaust port (preferably with a small screwdriver) until you locate the gasket.

If you don't get the old gasket out, you could have an exhaust leak that will require you to remove the exhausts and get the old gaskets out.

I think the only advantage of one over the other is price and availability. If you are doing the work on the weekends when your dealership isn't open, then the Napa would be available.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.