Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I was going to put on a different exhaust but ran into a "can't pass up" deal on a new set of Cruzer pipes. So I did a little research reading on the Internet, liked what I read, called the place back and lucked out getting their last set when I got there at a very good price.
Put them on the Aero (750) and they were tuned well to the 750 that I didn't have to do anything else. I get no decel popping at all. Nice rumble - but nothing like my other bike. No mater, I have no regrets at all as far as the pipes and sound. About the only minor negative - the upper pipe (back cylinder) sit closer to the passenger peg. I think if I had changed the peg to the Kuryakan that I have on my other bike (its like a between a peg & floorboard), it would minimize passengers getting heels on the pipe. I ride 2-up most of the time, but for someone who doesn't, this wouldn't be a concern. I could also extend the peg mount as another idea, but I think I'll things as is for now. I have had other passengers melt heels on the pipes although I had informed them before riding off.

Now the Kuryakan set I have on the other bike gives the passenger a better comfort platform - something the wife as brought up without me asking her. She just on day said "I like these better, don't feel like a bar across the arch after long rides". We did a 8-hour ride recently only stopping for gas when needed than on the road. A lot of twisty at times and crazy straights to keep up with the leader. After 8 hours, we got off and both walked like normal. Getting used to longer rides I guess, but also the other bike (HD) also has a custom seat. And I have floorboards while she has the Kuryakan's to plant her kickers. She has small feet though. But I think she actually plants her heels on them keeping them off the pipes, and still have a little room for the arch area.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have the V&H Cruzers on my '08 750 Spirit. I think they sound great, perhaps a bit louder than I'd prefer, but not too loud. The sound has a nice tone as well, and they certainly look fantastic. Unlike Gnuiser I had the carb re-jetted. You might be able to get away without it like him, but unless you are really on a tight budget I wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Okay, went & got a few shots what the Kuryakan looks like. (on other bike)
If you don't ride 2-up, then no concern. But if so, then I think the Kuryakan pegs with extensions would do the trick, but I'm not going to put extensions on the Aero. Here is what the Kuryakan's look like...

A little comparison of the pegs - floorboards in size. Kind of hard because of the distance.

I wish on the Aero, the Cruzer pipes sat just a little lower, especially the top pipe a little away from the passenger peg.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I have been very pleased with these pipes. Good looks and nice sound.
What I also like about them is when riding in town or other built up areas, by simple use of your throttle you can keep any excess sound to a mininum. People don't even know your pipes can make a bit of noise if you want to.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I love mine, but they were a little loud to run in "stealth" mode in the neighborhood and around Leo's. Picked up a pair of Hard Krome baffles, now they're perfect.

Nice and quiet when I want, but a GREAT low bark when I wanna let the dogs out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scott.ID said:
I love mine, but they were a little loud to run in "stealth" mode in the neighborhood and around Leo's. Picked up a pair of Hard Krome baffles, now they're perfect.

Nice and quiet when I want, but a GREAT low bark when I wanna let the dogs out.

Scott did you rejet your carb? I am seeing with thease V&H not to many folks are rejeting.

Jon

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
My ACE came with those pipes on it. I liked the sound, but the bike would pop on decel. I would guess it was never re-jetted.

Pic of mine:

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
tdh said:
Scott did you rejet your carb? I am seeing with thease V&H not to many folks are rejeting.

Jon
Yea, we re-jetted on the dyno.

Stock HP 27.61, New HP 38.85
Stock Torque 39.20, New 48.22

Bean Box (air filter) mod
Factory Pro Jet Kit
42 pilots
135/138 mains
clip #3
A/F 2.5, 2.75

MOST people don't have to re-jet without mods, just adjust A/F screws to get rid of the popping.

Fwiw

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the Classic II's. Knowing what I do now I wish I would have gotten the Straight Shots. I think they look better and have a better sound. Just MHO tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.