Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stage one jet kit, and a K & N air filter that I will be installing soon. My question is, what are the best ehaust system, keeping in mind that I don't like very loud bikes. I know they all come with baffels but I see so many people getting new pipes, then trying to sell them because they are too loud.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Go stock

Roadhouse pipes are made by H-K and are equally nausiatingly loud. Vance & Hines = loud with baffles, rediculous without. Hard Chrome pipes are for those already suffering profound hearing loss. I have 3" Big Straights and it took a lot of re-engineering to make them acceptably quiet. Interestingly enough my bike runs much better with restrictive pipes. No backpressure = no bottom end.

G

·
Re: Go stock

deeppurple52 said:
Roadhouse pipes are made by H-K and are equally nausiatingly loud.
Not the 2 into 1 system. They also have a quiet baffle as an option. I imagine it's quieter than any of the 2 into 2 systems.

All of the 2 into 2 systems I've heard have been pretty loud. Hard Krome seem the loudest. V&H Cruzers are pretty mellow until you twist the throttle.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ditto

deerom... I love the look of my 3" H-K's too but don't care much for the "stock" H-K noise. After a lot of re-engineering, I now have the look and reasonable sound.

Quiet baffles? I have tried them too. Quiet means different things to different folks. I would not hang my hat on them doing the job if you aren't into noise. It sure is fun to play around with your pipes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.