Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have Vance & Hines "Short Shot" pipes on my 2008 AERO. Too loud for my liking. Any suggestions to quiet them a bit?
Or is there anyone that would trade me for either stock pipes or another set to fit my bike which are quieter. Or are there anyone that wants to sell me their stock pipes for my Aero?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have Vance & Hines "Short Shot" pipes on my 2008 AERO. Too loud for my liking. Any suggestions to quiet them a bit?
Or is there anyone that would trade me for either stock pipes or another set to fit my bike which are quieter. Or are there anyone that wants to sell me their stock pipes for my Aero?
I put Short Shots on my Phantom a few weeks ago. After I did it, it scared my kids because it was too loud. It also made my ears ring after an hour ride. Didn't feel like losing my hearing so I got super quiet Vance & Hines baffles. They also have ones that are a little louder called quiet baffles. I was concerned the quiet baffles would not give me enough, so I went super quiet.

After I put in the super quiet baffles, at idle it is a little louder than stock. It sounds good. When driving at higher RPM, I think it is a little less loud than stock. It took alot of the loud bark out of the exhaust note on heavy acceleration and I prefer how it is with the super quiet baffles. All in all, I like the way the short shots look, and the super quiet baffles got the noise level close to stock. I can always change them out too and put the stock loud baffles in, or grab a set of the quiet ones if I want it somewhere in between.

I got mine from J&P Cycle, they seemed to have the best price.

Don't give up on your short shots yet :)

Dan

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
A set of the "universal motorcycle can-opener baffles" will do the same thing for a lot less, longer is quieter. trim them off if too quiet...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put Short Shots on my Phantom a few weeks ago. After I did it, it scared my kids because it was too loud. It also made my ears ring after an hour ride. Didn't feel like losing my hearing so I got super quiet Vance & Hines baffles. They also have ones that are a little louder called quiet baffles. I was concerned the quiet baffles would not give me enough, so I went super quiet.

After I put in the super quiet baffles, at idle it is a little louder than stock. It sounds good. When driving at higher RPM, I think it is a little less loud than stock. It took alot of the loud bark out of the exhaust note on heavy acceleration and I prefer how it is with the super quiet baffles. All in all, I like the way the short shots look, and the super quiet baffles got the noise level close to stock. I can always change them out too and put the stock loud baffles in, or grab a set of the quiet ones if I want it somewhere in between.

I got mine from J&P Cycle, they seemed to have the best price.

Don't give up on your short shots yet :)

Dan
I appreciate your input. I called Vance and Hines to make sure the super quiet baffles would work with my Aero. They do and I ordered them immediately. $120 for both. They are backordered since they are new and heavy demand at this point. I look forward to a bit less ROAR!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I appreciate your input. I called Vance and Hines to make sure the super quiet baffles would work with my Aero. They do and I ordered them immediately. $120 for both. They are backordered since they are new and heavy demand at this point. I look forward to a bit less ROAR!!
Back ordered where? J&P should have them in stock. I paid 107 shipped with tax.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The long can-opener ones work and would have set you back approx $20.00

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back ordered where? J&P should have them in stock. I paid 107 shipped with tax.
They popped up on Amazon with supposedly two day delivery. Order when processed said August 20. I will cancel order and order from J&P. Yep-Bezos has enough $ and tomorrow he becomes space cadet!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
YEAH i HAVE THE STOCK PIPES IN PERFECT CONDITION I CAN SELL YOU

·
Registered
21 Posts
What are you asking for them? I am trying super silent baffles but may replace pipes. Let me know price.
Well they would have to ship to you from Las Vegas Nevada and I'm not sure what the shipping price would be ..but I'm thinking like 40 bucks for the pipes they are perfect no scratches or dents .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please send me a few photos showing the pipes. You can text them to me at 717-874-0674. You can get a shipping estimate from UPS based on weight. They would be shipped to Lancaster PA. They have to fit my 2008 Shadow Aero.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Please send me a few photos showing the pipes. You can text them to me at 717-874-0674. You can get a shipping estimate from UPS based on weight. They would be shipped to Lancaster PA. They have to fit my 2008 Shadow Aero.
ok will do as soon as i get off work i will send you photos ok .. They are the stock pipes from a 2012 honda shadow spirit 750 so I'm pretty sure they should fit because its the same motor exactly ya know

·
Registered
21 Posts
ok will do as soon as i get off work i will send you photos ok .. They are the stock pipes from a 2012 honda shadow spirit 750 so I'm pretty sure they should fit because its the same motor exactly ya know
the only thing I'm thinking is that shipping cost and finding a box to pack up those puppies they are big and kinda heavy ya know .. would ups have a box to fit them in ? And the shipping mite be like 50 bucks plus i dont know though

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to check to be certain these pipes are a fit for my Aero. I think they are. If I buy them you can take them to UPS who will pack them correctly and charge you for the packaging and shipping. I'm thinking that might be $80 to maybe $90. You said you wanted $40 so my payment would be that plus the shipping charges at UPS. I will let you know soon. BUT-do not try to box/pack these yourself. The UPS store does this well at my location. They have to be in bubble wrap and boxed properly for sure. If I buy them I would send you an electronic payment via Zelle. This works great for anyone with a checking account at a bank. I will explain if you are not familiar with Zelle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am going to check to be certain these pipes are a fit for my Aero. I think they are. If I buy them you can take them to UPS who will pack them correctly and charge you for the packaging and shipping. I'm thinking that might be $80 to maybe $90. You said you wanted $40 so my payment would be that plus the shipping charges at UPS. I will let you know soon. BUT-do not try to box/pack these yourself. The UPS store does this well at my location. They have to be in bubble wrap and boxed properly for sure. If I buy them I would send you an electronic payment via Zelle. This works great for anyone with a checking account at a bank. I will explain if you are not familiar with Zelle.
Yeah that's perfect I use Zelle and I'm very familiar with it and I'll have them package show however you want it and just let me know and those pipes will definitely fit your bike it's the same exact motor

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah that's perfect I use Zelle and I'm very familiar with it and I'll have them package show however you want it and just let me know and those pipes will definitely fit your bike it's the same exact motor
Oops that was supposed to say THEM
They will pack it all up for you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Try to get a close estimate from UPS so we know about the price that I send to you on Zelle. I don't want you or me to be surprised by the UPS charges. You can tell them exact dimensions and weight and they can figure close to the charge. Have them figure on plenty of padding or bubble wrap to protect in transit and a sturdy container. Then we can go from there once you give me a $ amount to cover everything. I would ask for the UPS tracking number at the same time I send you the Zelle $. Hope this makes sense to you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK WELL I WANT TO HELP YOU OUT SO I WILL ACTUALLY GO TO THE UPS SHIPPING STORE WITH THE PIPES AND GET A EXACT SHIPPING PRICE FOR YOU WITH BOX AND BUBBLE WRAP ETC .. PRICE TO GET IT TO YOU TODAY AFTER WORK OK
I WILL NEED YOUR ZIP CODE

1 - 20 of 30 Posts