Honda Shadow Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK WELL I WANT TO HELP YOU OUT SO I WILL ACTUALLY GO TO THE UPS SHIPPING STORE WITH THE PIPES AND GET A EXACT SHIPPING PRICE FOR YOU WITH BOX AND BUBBLE WRAP ETC .. PRICE TO GET IT TO YOU TODAY AFTER WORK OK
I WILL NEED YOUR ZIP CODE
YES AND OF COURSE I WOULD SEND YOU THE TRACKING # LIKE RIGHT TO YOUR PHONE AS SOON AS THEY GIVE IT TO ME AT THE COUNTER

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Zip Code is 17602. When we actually agree on the final price, I will give you my address and cell #. I would then need your cell # for the Zelle transfer and your Name.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Zip Code is 17602. When we actually agree on the final price, I will give you my address and cell #. I would then need your cell # for the Zelle transfer and your Name.
ok that's fine .. I thought that number you gave me yesterday was your cell .. No ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sorry for any misunderstanding. My cell is 717-874-0674 and my shipping Zip code is 17602, Lancaster, PA. After you get the info from UPS just give me the number you want for the pipes + the UPS charges. I will then give you a complete shipping address and you must give me your cell number and name for the Zelle transfer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The guys with the loud pipes crack me up. In some cases they have them because bikes like the Phantoms are very weak on hp and they are trying to get more. In other cases they think they sound cool. We call those guys wanna be Harley riders.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre
7 Posts
A set of the "universal motorcycle can-opener baffles" will do the same thing for a lot less, longer is quieter. trim them off if too quiet...
Where would one find these exactly? I have V&H original longshots and the newer quiet baffles won't fit. I got some Big City Thunder Quiet Baffles, but they're not much quieter than the stock baffle.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Where would one find these exactly? I have V&H original longshots and the newer quiet baffles won't fit. I got some Big City Thunder Quiet Baffles, but they're not much quieter than the stock baffle.
I went to my local aftermarket /Harley type parts place, they had bin boxes of different sizes and lengths. measure the Inside diameter of your pipes. If you put " universal motorcycle can-opener baffles " in a search engine it will list lots of sources, J&P cycles is one, dennis Kirk and the usual fleabay scamazon

Note the sizes, some places say fits O.D diameter pipes which means the baffle has the be smaller than the I.D. And they don't have to be a perfect fit, long as the are bolted in. I'd get the longer ones and then you can saw some off if too quiet.

put the 1st set I bought in my 73 Triumph Bonneville around 1975.

1st pic I found, note why they call them that...

Drag Specialties Steel Baffle - DS-202019 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle | Dennis Kirk an average price...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts