Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in the Scottsdale, Arizona area been by the BMW dealer lately? I just got an email from Vectrix that their new electric scoots are available at the BMW dealer there. While I'd love to just hop a jet and go take a test ride I just don't have that kinda cash in my back pocket.
I saw their promo vid at youtube. http://youtube.com/watch?v=kEk2J85PXNg This little pony has me thinking I need to make room in the barn for another horse! If anyone gets by there and test rides it let them know Justin in New Mexico sent you in.
Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm guessing this bike won't be cheap. With a range of only 70 miles at 25 mph I can't see buying one myself. I guess if you never leave your town it could be useful.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
It would be a great little commuter, especially if you had electrical access at work. At $8K it is a little more than other scooters, but, it might be worth it. They're working on a hybrid that charges with a small internal combustion engine, It will be interesting to see where that goes too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking once this thing takes off the price will drop. I only have a 2 mile ride to work so if they came down enough it would be a great ride. I also think it would be a good ride for my kids when they get old enough to think the bus to school. "is just not cool dad!" 8)

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's curious - the BMW dealer here in Vegas started selling scooters too. In fact, it is also under new management - I wonder if the same crew that owns the one in Scottsdale owns this one as well?

www.bmwoflasvegas.com

Meantime, I'll stick it out on my mc - better range, better speed, more fun! :D

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
I'd ride one, but I'd kill the battery's charge in less than one roud trip from home to work and back :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts