Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking at the Vega Shorty XTS helmet. Looks to me that it does not give the "mushroon head" effect. Does anyone here wear this helmet? Or does anyone have any info on this? Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had a Vega full face for a while. It was a fine enough helmet, but the wind noise was pretty bad on it. Don't know about the shorty though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
vega helmets

I own both the vega summit full face and the half XTS. I started with the full face and bought the half later in the same brand so I didn't have to guess on size. Since I haven't had any other helmet, I really can't say if there is a differance in brand. The XTS does lift up quite a bit at interstate speeds and the sound can be defenning. I bought the face shield to go with it and at those same speeds, you really can't turn your head without the wind catching it. It does make you look like you have a "mushroom head" though, so if that was your sole motivation for the helmet....

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
bama:
We own a Vega shorty and wear it when the weather is hot.

We think for the $$$ it works pretty well. We have not experienced it lifting at speed, but we ride behind a large windshield.

There is, we feel, a bit of mushroom-id-ness, but what is one to do?

Again, for the money, it is a good helmet.

We trudge on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts