Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering is there anyone running a shadow 750 with velocity stacks I just ordered some from tjburtal customs an wondering how people like them any pictures you have would be cool to see to

·
Registered
28 Posts
Velocity stacks are only for bikes that get rode every great once in awhile, they aren't for everyday riders. All they do is let crap get in the carbs. And any performance gains are so small, that they are negligible. Just get some pod filters and re-jet. 👍

·
Registered
669 Posts
Velocity stacks are only for bikes that get rode every great once in awhile, they aren't for everyday riders. All they do is let crap get in the carbs. And any performance gains are so small, that they are negligible. Just get some pod filters and re-jet. 👍
Glad my Spirit can't access the Internet and read this since I rode it everyday to work in Germany, weather permitting and starting next week will be doing so here in Tennessee.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad my Spirit can't access the Internet and read this since I rode it everyday to work in Germany, weather permitting and starting next week will be doing so here in Tennessee.
I like to here that I'll New riding mine everyday since it is my only bike an I like your bike setup but bike setup a lot looks good an where did you get the jug cover at i still have the factory one that has the cut out for the stock air intake

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep. Everyday rider here too with stacks. Of course they are not as good at filtration than stock airbox but that's kinda not the point :p

·
Super Moderator
6,472 Posts
Yep. Everyday rider here too with stacks. Of course they are not as good at filtration than stock airbox but that's kinda not the point :p
Do they make a lot more power? I know the stock air box and ducting on the 750ACE is very restrictive in terms of air flow.......

Phil

·
Registered
669 Posts
I like to here that I'll New riding mine everyday since it is my only bike an I like your bike setup but bike setup a lot looks good an where did you get the jug cover at i still have the factory one that has the cut out for the stock air intake
For the Spirit you take a left rear jug cover, notch for the exhaust and bolt it on. Process is described here. The Matty Fin Mod - VT750DC.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do they make a lot more power? I know the stock air box and ducting on the 750ACE is very restrictive in terms of air flow.......

Phil
Well it's not a rocket but I noticed a huge difference this spring when I installed jet kit and velocity stacks at winter.
Stacks alone don't make much power I guess...

·
Registered
669 Posts

Phil
I wouldn't say a lot since I never had it measured but it is noticeable and looks better imho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
GB6049
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing