Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video is the best six minutes of my 25 minute commute home from work tonight. My bike is a stock 1998 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 American Classic Edition. The pipes are stock, only modified with a holesaw to remove the resonators. They aren't too loud but you can still hear them over the wind noise. Oh yeah, the wind noise. It's a little bit noisy; when I trimmed it for length I cut the volume back a bit to save your ears. I have plans to eliminate the unpleasant noises on future videos. The POV is from my right front vest pocket, taken with my DroidX at night. I cut out about 18 minutes of the really boring stuff at both ends. I know they make cameras with mounts for this but I like to be different, and who else is doing it this way?

Approaching Portland Westbound on I-84 you will see a light rail train (Metro Area Xpress, or "MAX") passing Eastbound as we enter the Northeast Industrial and Lloyd Center areas. We gear down for the ramp to I-5 South along the East bank of the Willamette River and you'll see the lights of downtown Portland come into view on your right. A quick dash around some slower traffic on I-5 and then across the bottom deck of the Marquam Bridge, we'll stay in the left lane and jump onto I-405 for a short way before connecting with Hwy 26 Westbound. That will take us through the Vista Ridge Tunnel toward the Washington Park Zoo, and if we keep going, eventually the Oregon Coast. At the end of this video I'm just about six miles from home and happy to be getting there after a long day at work.

Enjoy.

2011-07-07_22-12-47_652_1_1.mp4 video by 98_Shadow - Photobucket

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I think it would be nice to see that run during the daytime, but thanks for the video, seemed nice and quiet...........also looked at some of you other pictures, that motorcycle needs some covering, letting that poor thing sit out there in all that snow.............:shock:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it would be nice to see that run during the daytime, but thanks for the video, seemed nice and quiet...........also looked at some of you other pictures, that motorcycle needs some covering, letting that poor thing sit out there in all that snow.............:shock:
I know. I didn't have a garage or a cover at the time. I really felt bad about that snowstorm but there was nothing I could do. That trip is always in the dark for me, but I could make a weekend run if you want to see it. The original video was 1.3GB and 23:10 mins long in 720P.

I now have a garage, and the bike is snug as a bug in a rug. I mean ON a rug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts