Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
USNR, three years full active with 3 yrs actual reservist. 77-83, at Navcamslant Norfolk Va. (Master communication station for the entire east coast) Radioman 3rd class.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks for this thread. USN from 80 to 86, then ARMY intel for another 4. Two of my boys are active. Gotta fine Marine in my oldest, and my youngest is out on the USS Kidd as we speak.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks for your service guys.
I had not served myself. I took the entrance exams and with some college credits under my belt I was a few weeks from leaving for the USAF boot camp and OTS when my Dad up and left the family. I stayed home to work and help Mom raise my younger siblings.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Navy 1997- 2001 aviation electrician on the worlds greatest fighter the F-14 Tomcat.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
WoW, this is turning out great!!!!

Surprised to see a bunch went in the same year as me, 77.

Even Canada! Everyone welcome that's our allies, working together to keep freedom and be able to ride free!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
US NAVY
1967-1971
Two tours Viet Nam rescuing pilots
Radarman USS Coontz Dlg 9

2005 VT600 VLX

Thanks for your service

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
British army, Royal Engineers and Royal Artillary then after casivac 'casualty evacuation' from the Yemen I joined the merchant navy shipping fuel to you lot in Viet Nam back in 1964..I did three trips, one to Cam Ranh bay, one to Da Nang and I can't remember the third, beautiful country, lots of firworks and the American government paid us 100% bonus danger money on top of our usual wages..then the British government taxed us 97.5% and called it unearned income so I stopped doing it..

John.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts