Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a video camera to record the occasional interesting ride with? And... I'm curious, how does the camera take away the natural vibrations that come along with riding? Sometimes the roads are such that my eyes are vibrating, LOL, and that wouldn't make very good video. Also, is it better to mount it to the bike, or have a helmet cam? TIA :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Was gonna suggest the GoPro cams, but you guys beat me to it. My dad bought the first version, he is kicking himself for not waiting for the HD version.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
The GoPro HD is a good fairly inexpensive soultion but if you mount it on the bike it won't dampen the vibrations/ You need to helmet or body mount it for that.

GoPro recently came out with a LCD view-finder back That I recomend for making sure you are getting the image you want. You don't absolutely need it but I got one a week and a half ago and it makes framing the shot much easier and you can view the video on the camera.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hmm! I think Gopro is what they are trying to say here Kathy but I can't say for sure lol.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I just use my digital camera, aim and hope for the best. Actually since I know longer pay attention to riding while doing vids, they seem to come out better.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
The GoPro HD is a good fairly inexpensive soultion but if you mount it on the bike it won't dampen the vibrations/ You need to helmet or body mount it for that.

GoPro recently came out with a LCD view-finder back That I recomend for making sure you are getting the image you want. You don't absolutely need it but I got one a week and a half ago and it makes framing the shot much easier and you can view the video on the camera.
I agree, I bought one a while ago when they first came out.
Here's an example of the video quality

·
Registered
66 Posts
I, too, have the GoPro Motorsports Hero HD, with the LCD backpack. Bought the handlebar mount, also.
The video quality is outstanding. Not as much bouncing, as you would think. You can even hear the low rumble, of your exhaust. Pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I use my digital camera sometimes, but it is clumsy, so I tried a keychain camera on my last trip. I also use it on some of my R/C aircraft. Can't go wrong for $25! Here is my Vision turning over 33000 miles during my last 5,500 mile trip:

And here we are in Northern Cali, in snow:

The only thing I don't really like about the camera, is that it is so small, my big fingers have a hard time holding it still. I use velcro to mount it to various things when in use!!!------Metalguy

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Regarding recording a voice as a commentary, you can do it using the open back with so so results. There is a hack out there that supposedly allows you to attach a mic to the unit but I haven't looked at it. The best way would be post editing and adding a voice track to the video.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts