Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are guys out here that love the vintage bikes. What are two that you absolutely have to own someday?

nc30 or VFR400.

This one I will have to build... Freddie Spencer cb750f race replica

·
Registered
561 Posts
One would be that Honda they built with the oval pistons...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Mid 70's Kawasaki 750 3 banger....3 cylinder, 2 stroke screamer.
Yamaha V Max
Kawasaki Mean Steak

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
my dad is already livin' a sweet vintage motorcycle bucketlist.

he's got a Suzuki RG500 Gamma (two stroke).
a Yamaha RZ 350(two stroke).
and a Honda Pacific Coast.

they are awesome bikes and in very good condition. the RG500 can stay with the modern 600's for a little while. the top end of the new bikes is just too much for it though. it's a crazy fast bike.

the RZ350 will eat Katana's and Night Hawks all day long. He done quite a bit of work on it. it sure will scream.

and the Pacific Coast is just an amazing bike. Dad bought it new and it was just a bike that was way before it's time.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
1976 Benelli 750 SEI. First saw one at a dealer way back when I had my Moto Guzzi and was getting some parts. It was an amazing bike back before the Honda CBX.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Someday I would love to own a CBX.

An inline 6! How much fun! (Except for the 24 valves to shim!)

The other would be a Honda CL250:

--Justin

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
85 GSXR750 limited edition. Rare as hens teeth. It and a box full of spare dry clutches.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Heritage Softail Classic. Old enuf that I can afford it.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
1948 HD 45 Solo Sport. First bike we ever threw a leg over. Three speed trannie, w/shifter on the tank. Manual spark advance. The motor was probably making about 25HP. At the time, it seemed great and powerful, although we grant that our current ride is a bit more capable.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
145 Posts
+1 on the Honda Dream, I've wanted one of those ever since I found a picture online while looking 2 years ago.

My other would be a Royal Enfield WD/CO

or for a little more power the WD/L, but I can't find any pictures of that one (most RE's look similar though).

·
Registered
673 Posts
Two years ago I rebuilt a Honda Dream 250 for my dad. I wish I would have kept it. It sits in his garage and has never been ran since.

In would like to own a street Triple R, a moto Guzzi Norge and a Brough superior.

I may go out and steal a dream later today.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
83 Honda CB1000 Custom...

Got a blown up, rusting carcus of CB1100C in my backyard. Wonderfull bike, till the bottom fell out. 5 speed, 2 speed overdrive (Thats 10 forward gears), of 1100cc in-line 4 fury.

I vote the CBX if we are staying with semi-old Jap bikes. Vintage would be a 40-60s Harley anything.

·
Registered
369 Posts
1976 Benelli 750 SEI. First saw one at a dealer way back when I had my Moto Guzzi and was getting some parts. It was an amazing bike back before the Honda CBX.
Love the pipes on this bike. Wonder what it sounds like?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That Benelli had the sweatest sound. Not as big as the cbx so not as low a tone but just a sweet sound.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
There are a couple of Honda Dream 305's for sale in my area. Problem is, one needs a complete overhaul and the other is 75% complete and both of the owners want a mint and a half for them.

The one that needs a complete re-build: seller wants $1000 for it.

The one that is 75% complete and actually runs: seller wants $1900.00 for it.

The running 305 is nice, but it needs about $750 - $900 worth of parts to get it back to original condition, and paint & chrome. The complete re-build needs much, MUCH more.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts