Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my vlx 600 to my father, with 37,000 miles on it. runs great uses no oil, dosent smoke. but someone at a honda garage told him that was really alot of miles, and now hes scared that its gonna die anytime now. thought on that kind of mileage? most of it is highway miles I have a 130 mile rt commute to work, and its been well maintained. I say its a honda, it will run forever!

·
Registered
561 Posts
The stealership is always going to scare people to sell new bikes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
37k is no big deal on a Honda, IF the owner serviced the bike well. If it was owned by a squid who never changed the oil for the full 37k...well then. :shock:
If it’s well kept you could easily expect to double that.

·
Registered
851 Posts
That probably is high mileage for a VLX. It is considered by most to be a starter bike so many ride it for a bit and move on, or simply lose interest and let the bike just sit. But looking at the big picture, that isn't a lot of miles for a honda engine. If it has been well maintained, I would consider the engine to be in its toddler years.

What I have read mostly is that many feel it is better to find a newer model with more miles than an older model that has been sitting up in a garage or back yard. Not running a bike can cause more problems than the mileage.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Having crossed the one hundred seventy thousand mile mark on my bike without a problem I would tell your dad not to worry!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts