Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a ride with a group and my buddy let his friend borrow his wife's VLX for the ride, and when I was at his house I had my bike sitting next to the VLX and noticed, They both have what looks like the exact same rear fender and tail light LOL... YES this is a pointless thread but I just found it odd that two bikes of very different size shared the same parts, I wonder if the fender is the same right down to the mounting holes???

Dauntae

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Pretty sure the VLX has a plastic rear fender though, at least mine did. Of course, I had the older style VLX that had the tail light on top rather than under the fender.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
My 1996 VLX has plastic fenders. Not sure if that would really matter though :p haha

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I'm not surprised at all that they share some common parts. Quite common for a MFG to use common parts accross a product line.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are quite right, I have an 07 1100 spirit and my gf has an 01 VLX 600, and they do have the same rear fender and tail light. The simularities end there though as far as I know. We even have the same racks on the back I installed. Can't see mine well due to all the bags but it's there. Will try to get some better pics for you to see soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts