799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hendersonville/ Brevard NC area

Reonke VA

Just copy and paste and share your vote ..........thanks

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I'm defering to everyone elses best judgement on a place. Every place mentioned is roughly in a days ride from me, although I might have to do superslab to make it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cbjr0256 said:
I always thought this would be a fun location for a rally.

http://www.ironhorsenc.com/index.html
I know right were this is right off of 28, great eats just down the road, its a little out in the middle of no where and the area for Very experienced riders........jmho......but some very awsome riding ..... I was blessed to be able to alot of riding this summer and a big portion of it in this area......

·
Registered
170 Posts
sadie43 said:
Hendersonville/ Brevard NC area

Reonke VA

Just copy and paste and share your vote ..........thanks
I am planning on going to the Canada rally.....Hendersonville/Brevard is very close.... :wink: Were there dates yet?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
We have to be careful not to have it in a place that might be above the "average" rider's ability. The area around Deal's Gap is fun, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart.

Do we not have any people up in the western Carolinas ??

·
Registered
640 Posts
Brevard gets my vote. I haven't checked how far it is but if Paulie can there from Delaware I can get there from Northern Virginia.

·
Registered
170 Posts
denisep said:
We have to be careful not to have it in a place that might be above the "average" rider's ability. The area around Deal's Gap is fun, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart.

Do we not have any people up in the western Carolinas ??
There is a lot of riding in that area that can be done, enough to keep folks busy if they didn't want to ride the dragon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
For Dragon and other riding, we have stayed in Bryson City....a hotel called the Rosewood Inn I think. I could verify if needed. The pros were, walking distance to places to eat and drink. Cons are about a 30 min ride from the dragon, but it's a nice ride.

Some of the places like the Ironhorse...I am not sure what food and drinking options you have, on foot options anyway.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Brevard County from Baltimore via the super slab is approximately 530 miles, and even part of that is very scenic. I drove through that area this last October and it was a fun ride even in my Jeep Liberty.

That area gets my vote. My plan might be to take the scenic route to the area and plan on a two day ride to get there. Looks like we'd have a nice group ride coming down with the Northern Virginia peeps.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Dr Bob's Patient said:
Brevard County from Baltimore via the super slab is approximately 530 miles, and even part of that is very scenic. I drove through that area this last October and it was a fun ride even in my Jeep Liberty.

That area gets my vote. My plan might be to take the scenic route to the area and plan on a two day ride to get there. Looks like we'd have a nice group ride coming down with the Northern Virginia peeps.
Bruce, I think you are percolating a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey Paulie,

Two years ago, we met Chuck & Merry in Northern Virginia and gathered up people along the way to Roanoke. And last year we had a smaller group.

We'll plan it little better once the BIG details are ironed out.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Pick me and Rick up along the way!!! :lol:

I'm sure it will be a HUGE rally !! Brevard sounds wonderful....

·
Registered
902 Posts
Brevard/Hendersonville is terrific!
I know some roads in the area that are almost as good as the dragon but unkown to idiot tourists. And a bunch more that would satisfy any taste from mild to wild.
-Glenn

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Dr Bob's Patient said:
Hey Paulie,

Two years ago, we met Chuck & Merry in Northern Virginia and gathered up people along the way to Roanoke. And last year we had a smaller group.

I'd have gone with you last year but I would have had to leave here at around 4 am to meet up with you. And I wanted to ride the bay bridge so I cut out on my own.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Maybe a handful of us in the western Carolinas can do some road scouting as the time gets closer.
As far as recommending places to stay, I won't be much help ... too close to home.
I do know that if you want to stay at the Pisgah Inn you'd better make the reservations now :cry:
-G

·
Registered
622 Posts
Paulie said:
Dr Bob's Patient said:
Hey Paulie,

I'd have gone with you last year but I would have had to leave here at around 4 am to meet up with you. And I wanted to ride the bay bridge so I cut out on my own.
Ride over the day before we leave out and you can crash on my couch. That is if you're not affraid or allergic to dogs and cats!

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Dr Bob's Patient said:
Paulie said:
Dr Bob's Patient said:
Hey Paulie,

Ride over the day before we leave out and you can crash on my couch. That is if you're not affraid or allergic to dogs and cats!
I'm allergic to and addicted to both. It creates a conundrum more complex than the particle beam duality.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
highlandman said:
Maybe a handful of us in the western Carolinas can do some road scouting as the time gets closer.
As far as recommending places to stay, I won't be much help ... too close to home.
I do know that if you want to stay at the Pisgah Inn you'd better make the reservations now :cry:
-G
I was actually thinking of our hotel being the Hampton inn(we probably can get a good group rate) in Hendersonville, which makes being able to ride to brevard very easy on 64 to 276 that would put us able to get to pretty place then lunch at ceasars head then down the ride down the other side of ceasars head to 11 to 178 back to NC and 64 to and thru brevard back to hendersonville, that ride would be the perfect ride for sat. Hendersonville has a great little downtown just a mile or 2 from the hotel , perfect for a cab ride to town for those that didnt want to ride into downtown for dinner.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts