Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any trike experience. Cass county customs offers a trike kit for the 600 shadow and it's not bad lookin all tje trikes around here are huge and remind me more of a car than a bike. I'd like to give one a try since this kit is the only one I've found that doesn't involve cuttin my swingarm. So I can go back to a bike if I want. Just wondering if anybody has dealt with anything like this before

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
A VLX is too shy in the HP department to haul around the extra weight of a trike kit plus, you'd never come close to getting your money back later if you tried to sell it.

PS: if you are calling the 'training wheels' adders a trike kit, one supposes it would marginally be OK but is still an open power-to-weight ratio question.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Does anybody have any trike experience. Cass county customs offers a trike kit for the 600 shadow and it's not bad lookin all tje trikes around here are huge and remind me more of a car than a bike. I'd like to give one a try since this kit is the only one I've found that doesn't involve cuttin my swingarm. So I can go back to a bike if I want. Just wondering if anybody has dealt with anything like this before

I've looked at that myself for the wife. I don't want her on a bike or a trike with alot of power, and frankly neither does she. I was just really concerned that the 600 wouldn't have enough power. Their trike kit looks really light, but still. Obviously people have done it so it's possible. I'd maybe email them and see if they give you an honest answer about how it handles. They've got kits on there for 500 vulcans as well so i can't see how the 600 could be that bad.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
a lady i know has a vlx with the trike kit..not sure if its the exact same one youre referring to,however it is the one she can take off later to put bike back as stock. the stock rear wheel is not there,the 2 rear wheels on the kit are both powered.she HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH IT hauling the xtra weight of the trike kit as mentioned ..she keeps up great with the bigger cruiser bikes just fine..if i were to do this id definately get the one that you can change it back to a 2 wheeler if wanted to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not really concerned about gettin my money back I don't think that'll happen anyway I've already bored it and shaved the heads a little and my brother jetted the carbs for me it's really peppy already besides I only gave $300 for it. As far as the weight goes I'm thinking about a solo seat and open wheels with some 8" fork extensions just for kicks. I had to sell my last one when my son got sick this one ain't goin without a fight. Thank y'all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.