Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my bike was laying on it's right side on the ground for about 3 minutes---While down a small circle, (about 8" in diameter), of fluid appeared about in the middle of the bike---It was very clear and thin sort of like 3n1 oil---When I stood the bike up I couldn't find anywhere where it might have come from---The anti freeze is located there but that is green and it didn't smell like that---It smelled like a very light weight oil?????----Thanks

Kenny

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
How old is the antifreeze and what is the condition of it in the overflow. Check the overflow tube location, when tipped over antifreeze leaks out. Ask me how I know!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
lets see,we got brake fluid, engine oil, fork oil, antifreeze, and gasoline, I believe more in that it was antifreeze, color may not been green, but it is kind of sticky and thin,sweet smell to it, could have leaked out of recovery tank

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lets see,we got brake fluid, engine oil, fork oil, antifreeze, and gasoline, I believe more in that it was antifreeze, color may not been green, but it is kind of sticky and thin,sweet smell to it, could have leaked out of recovery tank
The gas, anti freeze have over flows and the engine has a breather----Aren't the rest of the fluids sealed, like clutch and brake, battery, front forks---What about rear diff or rear brake, (is rear brake wet)---I sucked a little of the engine oil out and put it on the cement just to see---Definitely not that and it didn't smell like coolant at all---I had wiped it all up with a rag and it felt and smelled like 3n1 oil????

Kenny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.