Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just took my clutch master cylinder apart to clean all the parts and the inside of the reservoir because my clutch needed to be "pumped" a few times to get it to release, so I knew I had to do a rebuild and flush soon.
So, everything went perfectly. I removed the master from the bike and cleaned the inside of the reservoir and the gunk at the bottom. Removed the piston assembly and cleaned all that and the piston bore.
Using the harbor freight brake bleeding vacuum pump system, I successfully bled the system by keeping both banjos tight and after pumping the handle to get all the bubbles out of the reservoir, I then attached the vacuum pump to the valve and bled the entire system as a completely closed system (master cover off to keep the fluid up). Now my clutch handle feels right and the clutch disengages and engages seemingly properly.
Note: Using the Harbor Freight brake (clutch) bleeder system is amazingly easy. I found that tip in this forum. I can't imagine how much time and grief using that vacuum pump saved me!
My question: With the side cover off (access to slave bleeder valve), when I pull in and then let go of the clutch handle, I hear a liquid sloshing sound in that area.
I started the engine and the clutch starts to engage when the handle is about 1/4 way out from fully depressed. I have not ridden the bike yet (raining), just tried putting it in gear and letting the clutch handle out to test. No problem fully disengaging clutch and getting back into neutral.
Sloshing noise happens on fast release of the handle while in neutral (motor off).
Is the sloshing noise evidence of need to further bleed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: After a days riding, it's all good! Everything operated and felt fine. My concern was raised out of the fact the bike is so new for me (<1 week), so few miles I put on it before the clutch went out (about 6 miles in the pre-purchase test ride) and this is the first hydraulic clutch bike I have ever owned. I'm loving my Shadow!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.