Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got my bike back from the shop a while back and they had opened the master cylinder to replace the screws for the dust guard. When I got it back I no longer had any pressure in my brake lines. Ive replaced the pads and bled the line twice with no luck. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I cannot even imagine what your mechanic could have possibly done while replacing a screw on the M/C to cause it to fail completely. I would first start by confronting the mechanic with WTF he did to your bike (but that’s just me :mad:). Other than that more info is needed. Do you have any pressure at all? The lever just moves freely (w/o any resistance), or not at all? When you bled did any fluid come out when you squeezed?

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Start from scratch. Likely did you a favor anyway. Most brake systems are neglected. Pull off your calipers and pull the pistons. If it looks bad, rebuild it. Same for your master cylinder.

Once everything is safe, re install it and bleed it. Vacuum bleeders are great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.