Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
i am not sure what you are asking for. do you have no fuses? or can't find the fuse block or the fuse block just has no cover? the 500 has nothing in the headlight except a light. by the battery the fusible link on the solenoid is it missing or is it hot wired.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI,
Thanks for replying, how to make a fuse cover for the fuse box. No metal fuse by the solenoid starter. Now I will have to figure out the where how it is wired straight.
I thought I had read of a fuse in the headlight box. Thanks

·
Registered
447 Posts
There are fuses under the black honda plate at the top of the triple tree. I had to replace mine because the cover broke. should be two screws

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ok i think i gotcha. to make a cover for the fuse block i would guess you could fab one out of flat metal like a strip the width of the opening long enough to cover the fuses and reach the screws. then make one 90deg bend to fit. i would not worry to much about a water tight seal my factory cover is bent and has like a 1/4 inch gap in front and rain never bothered it. i bet if you had an old aluminum cookie sheet it would be good to use. then polish and clear coat it to look like the handelbar clamp.

Other bikes have fuses in the Headlight bucket.
what year is your bike?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI Thanks,
85 Vt500 C Didn't have a headlight whenI bought it. Teh fuse box cover is gone. Fab idea I think I can make. Thanks. Can't get the wires to go in the new headlight bucket i bought.
Blessed
Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.