Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go ahead and remove my motor and take it apart after it wouldn't stop blowing out white smoke. I'm going to take everything to cycle mechanix to have the cylinders honed, valves lapped, gasket surfaces flattened, and all the carbon removed. Everything looked pretty clean on the inside. I'm going to try to replace as many gaskets/o-rings as I can while i have the motor off the bike. I couldn't get the timing cap off of the side so I had to remove the whole side cover to move the pistons. I really screwed up though when i was picking up the motor to move it to another room and I guess the stator side was heavier than the side with the clutch so the motor tilted forward and........ slipped out of my hands:oops:. one of the head studs got stuck in the floor so it bent a little bit are these easy to replace or do I have to separate the cases? I can bend it back and sort of line up all of the holes with the cylinder but it won't go down easily and I didn't want to do any more damage.
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

I'm pretty sure that this is where the head gasket went bad
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts