Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I recently installed a new rocker arm box in my 83 vt500 and replaced the cylinder head gasket. since then its been leaking, i'm sure the gasket wasn't the proper width. If anyone has a lead on where i can find the right gasket that would be great. I've sealed it up with some of that liquid gasket cream and that seemed to work to some degree, still leaks, but a lot less than before.

I'm wondering if its possible to remove this crap gasket and just use that liquid gasket? Has anyone on here done this before and if so did it end well?

Thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
I wouldn't use just the liquid gasket stuff. Too easy to get some in an oil-way and then you'll risk toasting the entire engine. You might try looking on bikebandit or similar for the fiche and specific part number for the needed gasket.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah very true. I've had bad luck finding these gaskets. If anyone knows where i can get some OEM ones that'd be awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.