Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I added the MAC staggered duels to the Shadow, according to them no rejetting was required. Yeah right, the pipes began to blue in the first 100 miles. So I ordered the rejetting kit from Dynojet, and installed it per their instructions. This involved pulling the slides and drilling them, new needles, and new jets.

Holy carp, what a difference!! No choke needed to start, great throttle response, very peppy riding experience. Lost a little on the mileage, last 2 tanks, hit reserve after 138 & 137 miles down a little from 145 to 150 miles. But wow what a difference, it is like a different bike. Highly recommend the rejet for the older Shadows, especially if you have changed the exhaust. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cold weather in the morning makes me sick with choking the bike. I work in the morning and it take 15 mins to warm up my old bike.
Good to hear that. Where did you buy the kit ? What size ? and Is it easy to do ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my Dynojet #1114 kit from JC motors, here is the link,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_1532wt_1167

I don't have the slip, but IIRC it was $68-69 with shipping added, I think it was $64+$4.95. About $20 less than ordering from Dynojet, they were $86+shipping, which put them somewhere in the $95-100 range.

Install was not bad, it should not add more than 30 minutes to an off the bike carb cleaning. The hardest part was putting the airbox back on, if you have pulled the carbs before to clean, then you know about that. If you go to the Dynojet site, you can read the instructions, it is really simple. I will admit drilling the slides was a little unnerving, but take your time and you will be fine.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing wrong with using the choke, if you need it. Just did not expect to not need it.

As you know these bikes are setup towards the lean side from the factory, any change in either the intake or exhaust will aggravate this. Don't know of a set of Macs that have not blued. Just saying if anyone puts Macs on, they will need to rejet to avoid a lean condition.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Gas mileage will improve over time, when the right wrist gets over the WOW factor.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:mrgreen: I am sure it will improve! I am still tweaking the mixture trying to find the sweet spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts