Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
85 shadow vt500c
I have a vt500c and one cyl is not firing. I tested the coil and its supposed to be 2 ohms and it is. i tested the wires that go to the coils while it was running on one cyl and the firing coil is getting intermittent pulses to the yellow wire. the non firing cyl is getting a constant 12+/- volts. it is the same as when the key is just in the on position. I have removed the cdi and am slowly carefully removing the old glue to see if a diode is blown or if i can find a problem. does anyone else have any other ideas? Also, let me know if you have a cdi for a 85-86 shadow vt500c. Thanks for the help.

Andrew

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
SWap the coils, does the issue follow the coils?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you are probably correct on the pulse generators because i just traded two tire changes and a double carb rebuild for a electronics wiz to go over the entire cdi and tell me that it is functioning properly. he also had me plug it in and was able to jump the pulse between the two to have both cyls run.

The pulse generators are in the right side cover right?

After close exam of that area, I can see that someone has gotten in there in the past. Ill have to open it up and post back my finding.

If anyone else has any other suggestions I am more than open to trying anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.