Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering...on a 1995 VT600CD
Would 750 cylinders & pistions fit onto the stock rods?
Anyone done engine upgrading to a VT600 of that sort of nature.
Asking as a buddy has a BMW from 1975...a 750, and he ended up putting on 800cc cylinders and such...wondered if it could be done with the VT600 from 95? I have Cobra drag pipes, and ordereda carb jet kit...not sure if the other owner ever rejetted the carbs or not...lots of backfire popping when letting off the throttle...perhaps normal for those pipes.
Stock air cleaner installed still...just pipes that I am aware of.
Do they make a cursier cam shaft by chance?
thanks gang for what ever you have to share on helping out an older VT600CD VLX

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
It sounds like you have outgrown your bike..why not trade it in for a bigger one..In this country modifying a bike means changing the registration details and paying a lot more insurance.

John.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your questions but I would suggest that the time/effort/money would not be worth the difference you would gain. Just move up to a nice 750 or 1100 or 1300......
HTH

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Get a more powerfull bike if you want more power
750 jugs, NO WAY, Even if they would fit the cases they wont fit the frame.
Pipes and intake about all you can do without spending the price of new bike in major engine modification. You could spend about $5000, that will get you maybe 20HP. That wilkl give you 750 power at the price of a used VTX.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks all for your input...
Given I live in American Samoa, and our speed limit is about 25, even though we go about 30 to 35...My 600 CC's is plenty for here.
I was just wondering if a Honda would upgrade things across the board like some older BMW's did...
Am quite happywith the 600 at the moment. Drag pipes on it make it sound pretty nice, and am going to upgrade the carbs on it with proper jets, as not sure if the original owner ever did. My pipes are totally blue in color, throttle down it pops quite a bit...perhaps normal with baffled drag/boulvard pips from Crobra, and stock intake...for my 1995 VT600CD for $200.00...am pretty dang happy for what I got :)
T

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
35MPH tops???? God , I die never being able to get past 2nd gear. But I guess the sunsets are worth it.

If pipes are blue and popping, that means your running lean. Doubt it was ever jetted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.