Honda Shadow Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11,729 Posts
My fuel cap doesn't seal at all, so it vents pretty well haha. Its on the list of things I need to replace.

Feels exactly like I flipped the kill switch just momentarily for it to die. If I raise the idle up a lot, it will cough for a split second like it wants to die, but given since the RPM is much higher, it will only drop and ALMOST die, but will go right back up. Kill switched is bypassed, as is neutral switch. I've replaced the plugs, and they came out black.

If I'm riding in gear, it will not die. I have had sputtering problems, but if I'm rolling, and press the clutch, and coast.... the bike will most likely die after rolling for a few seconds.

After some research, someone else had the same issue with their regulator/rectifier. Basically, it would cut out for a second and kill his bike randomly without any fuel cut warning (no bogging, or sputtering. Immediate shut off, just like me). While riding, however, he experienced the same symptoms I did under heavy load, where his bike would bog, and sputter. I'm assuming the regulator could not keep up with the high demand of the coils under heavy load (which is when I misfire the most, higher RPM in my final gear)

That what I thought, but I don't think it's a fuel issue. It dies immediately. A fuel issue would result in it slowly sputtering until the fuel ran out, and would result in a long cranking time while the carb's fill back up with fuel. It would die, and start back up almost instantly.
Not when the float bowl is out of fuel. It would shut off immediately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.